Residence: Los Angeles/Switzerland
Date of Performance/Collection: 4/28/14
Primary Language: French
Other Language(s): English, German
In this childrens hand game the goal is to “kill the other player” Similar to rock paper scissors the game begins with a lead in, (the two players clapping their hands with each other three times) after the third clap the players than make one of three moves.
- Sheild – denotated by crossing your arms over your chest
- Gun – denotated with both hands in a hand gun gesture with thumbs up and pointers extended with the other fingers not extended
- Power up – denotated by making a thumbs up sign with both hands and bringing them above your shoulders.
- Sheild protects against gun
- Gun can only be used after it has been powered up once per use
- In order to win you must shoot on a turn where your opponent is not protecting themselves.
My friend called this game Zero – Zero – Seven (007) which seems to be a direct reference to James Bond. I played it too as a kid but not with any specific name. She said she played this game as a kid and when she was in india she taught it to a girl there.
The game is interesting cause it seems to be a more violent variant of rock paper scissors. The James Bond reference is interesting as well because it is unclear if that name came later or the popularization of James bond is a terminus post quem.